At “Balkan Gas Hub” EAD, we value your trust as users of the website when you share your personal data with us and understand your concerns about the data you provide and the way we process and store it.
PRINCIPLES OF DATA PROTECTION
We will comply with personal data protection laws, according to which it should:
- be processed lawfully, in good faith and in a transparent manner;
- be collected only for valid purposes, which we have clearly explained, and not be used in any other way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- be appropriate, relevant, and not exceeding what is necessary for the purposes we have set out;
- be accurate and up-to-date;
- be stored for a period not exceeding what is necessary and for the purposes we have specified;
- be properly protected.
An overview of the the key data processing procedures of “Balkan Gas Hub” EAD
“Balkan Gas Hub” EAD collects and uses the personal data you provide to us or that we collect from you when you browse our website for advertising purposes and in order to present our products and services to you, to provide you with information, respond to your inquiries, and analyze and improve the quality of our products or services.
What personal data do we collect from you?
The type of information and personal data we collect about you when you visit our website or interact with us may include the following:
- The personal data you provide - such as your name, mailing address and other contact information such as your phone number and email address, any complaints you may have, and any other information we receive if we communicate with you via email, online or through social media and any other information you provide - for example, when you sign up to our websites, subscribe to our newsletters, participate in commercially supported platforms, provide customer feedback, participate in surveys, and other;
- Payment data (if applicable) - including your billing information, credit and debit card numbers, expiration date, delivery address and billing address;
- Account Login Information - including any information that is required to create a profile, such as a username, password, and security question and answer;
- Automatically collected data - including information about your computer, IP address and browser that we may collect, such as when we use our own cookies on our website or cookies owned by third parties and similar technologies that collect information about your use of our websites, or your interactions with us via email.
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data for the legal purposes set out below. Please note that as long as we already have data about you, we may use that data for the same purposes.
For legitimate business interests: We may use your personal data (both summative and on an individual basis) such as your contact information, electronic identification data and online data for advertising purposes in order to analyze and improve the quality of our products or services, as well as to fully understand your requirements as a customer.
The latter also means that we analyze the data you provide to us as well as your use of our website and use all that data to improve it and provide you with a better user experience.
We may also use your personal data for legitimate commercial interests, such as: generating aggregate statistics for users of our products and services; promoting security and preventing fraud; for the purposes of system integrity; and for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law, for which we will provide relevant information in a timely manner.
We may also use your data based on your consent, if provided, for example for marketing purposes and to tailor our communications to you based on your accounts by email, SMS, other electronic means or otherwise. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
To comply with our legal obligations, such as maintaining appropriate business records, complaints handling, complying with statutory requirements by public authorities and applicable laws and regulations, or otherwise required by law.
How long do we store your personal data?
We will only store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided to us or collected by us (for example, the time required to respond to questions or resolve problems).
Therefore, we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last contact with us. When the personal data we collect is no longer needed, we safely destroy or delete it. Instead of destroying or deleting your personal data, we may anonymize it so that it cannot be linked to or attributed to you. In some cases, we may have legal or regulatory obligations that require us to keep specific records for a specified period of time.
With whom may we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with:
- Service providers and data processors. We may engage third party providers, agents, service providers and related legal entities to provide services on our behalf, such as supporting the internal operations of our websites or mobile applications or for technical processing (e.g. hosting services or data storage) and other related services;
- While providing their services, they may access, receive, maintain or otherwise process personal data on your behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not allow the use of your data for their own purposes, including their marketing purposes. In accordance with applicable legal requirements, we take reasonable commercial steps to require third parties to adequately protect your personal data and process it only in accordance with our instructions;
- Partners. Sometimes we can offer you a service or application in affiliation with partners. Therefore, we may need to disclose your personal data to these partners. In accordance with applicable legal requirements, we take reasonable commercial steps to require third parties to adequately protect your personal data and to process it only in accordance with our instructions or under joint control. In cases where disclosure of your personal data to third-party partners is based on your consent or request from you, where appropriate, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, where you will able to choose not to participate or object to in other ways against such sharing.
How do we guarantee the security of your personal data?
We use a variety of physical, technical and administrative standards, technologies and security procedures to help protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or corruption at the appropriate level, depending on the sensitivity of the data.
What rights do you have with regard to the personal data we store about you?
You have the following rights:
- obtain a copy of your personal data along with information on how and on what grounds this personal data is processed;
- correct inaccurate personal data (including the right to supplement incomplete personal data);
- delete your personal data in some circumstances when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
restrict the processing of your personal data when:
- the accuracy of the personal data is uncertain;
- processing it is illegal, but you object to the deletion of the personal data;
- we no longer require personal data for the purposes for which they were collected, but are required to submit, pursue, or defend a legal claim;
- you dispute processing that is justified on the basis of legitimate interest;
- object to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling;
- obtain a portable copy of your personal data or transfer a copy to a third-party administrator when technically feasible and without undue expense.
Social media and other websites
When you participate in one of our “Balkan Gas Hub” EAD profiles or it is present in one of the various social media forums such as Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc., you should be familiar and know how to work with the tools provided from these websites that allow you to choose how to share personal data in your social media account (s).
In addition, our website may contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our website and mobile applications. While these third-party websites have been carefully selected, “Balkan Gas Hub” EAD assumes no responsibility for the use of your personal data by these organizations.
Data Protection Officer of “Balkan Gas Hub” EAD
“Balkan Gas Hub” EAD has a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for compliance with the data protection law. You may contact the data protection officer of “Balkan Gas Hub” EAD or his office at any time if you have questions, concerns about the processing of your personal data, or any problem related to the protection of your data at the following email address: email@example.com